It was a pretty nice day for me today, and as I write this at almost 4PM it’s not done yet, either. :)
Here’s a list of things I’ve done today.
1) I got to sleep in a bit, I got up close to 10AM.
2) Made myself an omlette (I make one mean ass omelette), watched a small bit of television (Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda)
3) Worked on the lawn in my backyard which had turned into a jungle of weeds. Didn’t get as much done as I’d like, but the ground was a bit too soggy from some big rain the last few days.
4) While I was working on the lawn, I got a call from my brother who was in Florida attending Phillies spring training. He was sitting at his seat in their new spring training park.
5) After mowing the lawn, I needed to go to Lowe’s and pick up some weed stuff to spread on the lawn, so it’s Saturday afternoon, it’s a nice day, and I’m in a truck in Texas going to Lowe’s. What a stereotype.
6) After Lowe’s I made a quick drive to work, since I was somewhat in that direction anyway, as I was just driving around in my new truck since it was a nice day. While there, I checked my email, and made an update to one of my websites (the one for the BBC sitcom Chef!.
7) The main reason I had headed over to work is that there’s a 7-11 right across the street, and I was hankerin for one of the Diet Pepsi Slurpees, and of the 3 7-11’s I know of in the area, two of them had broken Slurpee machines! Bonus, I got a free song on iTunes in my Slurpee cup!
8) Came back home, and hung up a big thermometer in the back yard – something I’ve wanted to do for awhile. I think it looks nice out there.
9) I then spread the weed stuff on the lawn. Didn’t buy enough, but I got all the back yard done, the side of the house, and some of the front – will have to go back and buy another bag.
10) Then of course since it was a nice day out, I ended up washing my truck which had gotten dirty again. Wish there was a way to permanently wash one’s truck so it never gets dirty again. Whoever invents that will be rich beyond their wildest dreams.
11) And of course, the best part of the day so far.. The Texas Rangers were back on the radio! It was great being able to be working on the yard, and then washing my truck on a Saturday afternoon around 75 degrees out, not a cloud in the sky. The only thing missing was a beer, but that’s OK – I had a great time washing the truck. :)
So now it’s 4PM, and I’m writing this blog entry. When I’m done, I’m gonna hop in the shower and then I’ll get to see my wife for the first time today. She had to leave for work before 8AM, and I was asleep, so it’ll be nice to see her when she comes home.
Gonna watch a movie tonight, and spend some time with her, that’ll be nice.
So overall, a damn nice day. Wish there were more like this. :)