7 more things about myself
Well, my wife did do the list of 7 blog, but she didn’t do it exactly the same. She did some of the questions the same, but three she didn’t answer and replaced with her own ideas. I liked the ones she added, so I decided to do a second list. The first three are ones she did on her blog entry, the fourth is one Lynn made up, but didn’t use, and the final three are new creations of my own. Here we go again:
7 Things I miss about Philadelphia (my hometown):
- REAL Philadelphia Cheesesteaks, not these abominations you can get here (except for Fred’s). Pat’s – Geno’s? Oh man, need something better than those two…
- A good mass transit system
- My family
- The ability to easily get to Pro baseball & football games without driving (see mass transit)
- Real winters – I miss my snow.
- Being able to say I was from the birthplace of the country
- Being able to take visitors to local attractions that aren’t a TV ranch or the death of a president
7 Things that are better in Texas:
- Mexican Food
- Movie theatres
- No state income tax
- Driving a pickup truck and not hauling anything doesn’t get you strange looks
- Generally friendlier people
- My personal outlook about myself – my life is a whole lot different in Texas than it was back home in PA
7 things I would want to save in case of emergency (not including my wife, daughter, & cats):
- Whatever was important to Lynn
- My computer, because so much of my livliehood & hobbies are involved in that.
- My DVD collection
- My CD collection
- My baseball cards
- My Book of Common Prayer
- My ipod (I’m really reaching here, I can’t think of anything else)
7 things I want to do with Samantha when she’s older:
- Take her to a baseball game when she’s old enough to comprehend the nuances of the game.
- Show her where Mommy & Daddy are from (again, when she’s old enough to comprehend it)
- Fly a kite
- Be there to support her in something she does for herself.
- Be her friend
- Give her away (wedding related!)
- Still be around, unlike my own father.
7 gadgets I’d love to have if cost was no option (it has to exist)
- DLP HD TV set
- Totally incredible home theatre system, all automated and badass.
- State of the art PC, fully decked out, of course.
- Canon Powershot A620 Digital Camera
- Palm Tungsten T5 PDA
- 1969 Dodge Charger made up to look like the General Lee
- Every videogame system in history with a complete collection of games for each.
7 regrets in life
- Not marrying Lynn sooner
- Not becoming a father sooner
- Not being better looking for Lynn (I’m too heavy)
- Not having a father growing up
- Not knowing my great grandparents as an adult (I knew ’em as a kid though)
- Not answering Lynn’s calls in 1995
- Being able to recite infinite minutae about Doctor Who, Star Trek, & baseball, yet forget common things I should know.
7 people I’d want to have dinner with
- Jesus Christ
- Vinton Cerf
- Buck O’ Neill
- Johnny Oates
- Frank Anthony Iommi
- Stephen Siegler